Sunday, February 28, 2016

So there was this one time that...

Minasan, What's up?

         So today was pretty great!  We woke up at 4:00 and went fishing with the Young Men's President and that was awesome! We went and there were a few people there at the place that he wanted to go to and that was ok. All of the guys were really nice...for the most part. And we caught a ton of fish and there is no fish limit so we got to take home all of them, and so now there are about fifteen fish in our fridge. Which is crazy because Elder Bunch hates fish and so I am just the only
one who will eat it. Crazy, I'm the only one who likes fish? Since when did that ever happen? All of the poles were like nine meters long though so it was weird. But Sogabe Kyodai had some short ones, and so I got to fish like normal after trying the giant poles and I didn't like it. But I got to fish like normal after that so I was happy.  But that was super fun and than it started to rain and we were at a little weir on the Nagara River and it turned out the net had broken so there weren't that many fish there after a certain point, and so we left because it was cold and nothing was happening. But it was a good time anyway!

         On Tuesday, we finally got to meet with Ayabe at his house! We had been trying to find him during the week and then he didn't come to church so we were like, AHHHH! And then he wasn't ever home when we visited him and it was also like, AHHH! Then we went on Tuesday and he
was there! We had realized that he hadn't signed the form that says that he got an interview for baptism...Whoops! So we finally got that form signed and then asked where he was for church. He had slept in and woke up at like noon and was like dang it I missed church! So he went out and bought an alarm clock so that he won't forget to go to church this week. Awesome!

                 So on Wednesday,  we got to go on a koukan (companion exchange) with the Zone Leaders from the Fukutoku Area! It was way fun! For a long time I have had to stay in my area for all of our koukans and this was the first in a long time that I got to go to another area! When I got there, we got to go visit an investigator of theirs that is famous among missionaries. He can really get off on a tangent about anything, so it can be really hard to teach him about the gospel. For example, we were talking about the spirit and how we can gain knowledge and answers when we pray and he saw that I was wearing a watch and wanted to know what kind it was and that got him on a huge tangent about all of the watches he has owned in the past. And then he told us another story that I'm not sure what it was about and then another and then another...we ended up being there for a while and got
about twenty minutes of gospel in. He is really nice and really smart and has some interest in the church. I think that having us there is really nice for him and that might be why he tries to keep us for so long. But he has a lot of interesting opinions and the conversation is like a really interesting roller coaster. And I really liked being with Elder Callahan. He was awesome and we have a ton in common! We got along really, really well! It was really good because before this, I didn't really know him that well and now I can really relate with him better during a zone thing. I was really happy to get to go on a koukan and be with such a cool guy!

         Then on Thursday, we went on another koukan, this time with the Ogaki Elders and I got to be in Gifu. Although it was way fun to get to go to another area, I was really happy to be back in Gifu. I got to be with Elder Dana and he is just awesome! We always have lots of fun together. We did all sorts of stuff and biked pretty far! Of course all of that was my choice, but I really like being busy.

       On Friday was DTM!!! It was great! We got to talked about family history! Ishii Kaicho thinks that family history will definitely help us be better missionaries! Especially since all of the people in Japan are Buddhist or Shinto and well, guess what, families are super important to them! Awesome! I hope that everyone can get really excited about this! I really am!

         On Saturday, we had a mogi! With the Imai family! Their mogis are the best. We learn so much cause they have taken all of the mogi lessons that all the missionaries ever have done and they help you make it easy to understand and they can relate it to Buddhism and everything! Super awesome!

        Then for Sunday, we had church (of course). And it was great! We talked about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost in Sunday School and it was a really good lesson, a lot of people had really good questions and they had a great discussion...I think.

         This was a great week, we talked a lot about feeling the spirit and about how we can have greater love for the people of Japan. I think that is great. We always worry about what we will do in lessons, but the important thing really is what they will do after lessons. Our entire job is to get people in a place where they are going to do something about what they are feeling. Some people are really hard to get to act and some already want to act but just don't know how. That's why we give commitments to people so that we can help them to feel the spirit when we aren't there. When they commit to do something, they are promising to God that they will do it and when they fulfill that promise, Heavenly Father will give them the spirit and the blessings that they are seeking.

         I hope that you all had and will have a great week. Don't forget to be cool and to just (as I taught the Fukutoku eikaiwa) roll with it. Matthew 5:6 stay thirsty my friends.
-Richardson Choro


Fishing at the weir

No comments:

Post a Comment