Sunday, February 21, 2016

Don't feed the pigeons, their mouths will get tired.

Hey guys!

      This week was great! For the most part at least. We went on several adventures and saw many people, fought off pigeons, ate several times, ate a ton of ice cream, ate a ton of meat. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, if was the season of intelligence, it was the season of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, if was the epoch of incredulity, it was the spring of joy, it was the winter of
despair.  In short it was just a normal week in the life in the Japan Nagoya mission.

      Not much happened this week, but on Wednesday, I fed some crows and started to build my empire by gaining their trust. It was pretty sweet, and some guy said not to feed the pigeons and then we were like what? Because for one thing, I didn't know the word for pigeon and also there were no pigeons there at the time. Then he realized we were feeding the crows and was like why are you feeding them? And we explained that in order to have world domination, the crows have to trust us. Then he was all confused and I said, I like the crows. And he was like ok. But don't feed the pigeons, their mouths will get tired. So yeah that was weird.

         On Saturday, it rained a ton and we got soaked! And then we had a family home evening about Family History Work! Which was way good! And then there was Costco pizza after!

         We had a koukan (companion exchange) this week with Ogaki and Elder Montoya and I were here in Gifu! Yes! So for lunch we went to a all you can eat place called Stamina Taro! And it was funny, because the last time we have a koukan with them we went to Stamina Taro as a yonin (four people) in Ogaki. But that's not what makes it funny! While we were eating, and we eat a lot, there was a couple that was seated at the table next to us. And they were looking at us funny and then they went to go get food. We thought it was just the normal, whoa look it's gaijin, I think they are American! But later I was eating and Montoya Choro had gone to refill his drink and the guy was gone in the couple, and the girl looked at me and asked if I came to Stamina Taro a lot. And I was like, no I've only been three times ever. And then she related the story how they saw us last time when we were in the Stamina Taro in Ogaki. And she was like, yeah you got a lot of ice cream in one of the bigger bowls. And then Montoya and the guy came back and it was really fun! They said they were from Ogaki and that they were just in Gifu and passed by the restaurant and so they came in to eat. It was a good time. Then we were getting ready to go, being full and whatnot, so we decided it was time for dessert and so we both got a big bowl, from where you are supposed to get other food, the ice cream bowls are tiny, and got a big bowl of ice cream with pineapple and strawberry sauce and when they saw us come back they started laughing so hard! Then she wanted to take a picture of us with the ice cream, because she's Japanese, and we did and it was good. Then we ate the ice cream and when we were leaving we gave them a card with Ogaki's phone number on it and we were like that was awesome!

         Also we have zone conference on Tuesday and it was great! Ishii Kaicho and Ishii Shimai came and we talked a lot about Family history and other things that will help us to be better missionaries! It was really fun to see everyone in our zone again and to see the new people and meet them!

         Sorry for the Scrambledness of this email! But hey if you don't like it, don't read it! Haha. (As I put that at the end:)

         This week I have thought a lot about happiness and the things that we all needing to do. One of our investigators asked us what do we want, like what is our hearts desire. Then we were thinking about it and nothing came to mind. She was really shock and then we asked her and she said like peace feeling. Then later the week, the Nephi scripture in 1Nephi 2:11 I think says like what desires to thou? And so I think about it more. I am the most happy than I have ever been before while
I am here doing the rules and talking to people. I am more happy here when I have to ride bike in the rain and forgot my gloves and hands are really cold. I am more happy here doing what Heavenly Father want me to do than when I was doing what I want to do at home. I love the gospel and know that it bless my life. When we pray God listens. He gives us answers and he loves us.

         神さまは本当に私達の天のお父様です。時々人世は大変やお。でも、神様の助け落として私達は何でもできるよ。人世は一番大切時に神様の助けは一番大きいと思います。神様は本当に一人一人愛しています。

〜〜莉茶長老〜〜



My legion of crows.
 
At Japanese class there was a Nepali there named Bibek and he was way cool. Their alphabet went from that squiggle to the other squiggle. Then that's how you write eleven, then 0-10 then Dante Richardson, then Iwamoto Satoko then Bibek Giri it is so cool!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment